Saturday, November 13, 2010

Dream. Try.

At the end of the day, you are on your own. People would come along, be nice to you, walk a little while beside you. They may stay back. They may not. You don't know. You make whatever you will of your life. And, if you think you're not where you wanted to be - you took some bad decisions while on your way here. Maybe you have a chance to rectify your mistakes, maybe you don't. You can only try. You'll never know for sure. Keep trying to get where you want to be. I wish I wasn't where I am too. But there's another possibility. Maybe tomorrow I will want to be where I am. Maybe this is part of the larger plan. Maybe I just don't know yet. Maybe if I keep trying to get out of this place I will succeed. Wish I knew what the plan is. You can't stop yourself from wanting things you're not certain of getting. That's what dreaming is about. You dream, you try. If you fall, you hurt. You stand up, you walk on, you heal. Sometimes it takes longer to heal, but heal you do. If you lose sight of this rationale when you're broken, it's alright. It will come to you. We're all unsure. We're all wary. We're all lost souls swimming in the fish bowl. We're all part of the larger game plan. We're specks of dust. We want to be happy specks. We dream of better days.

Love.

11 comments:

Nitin Agarwal said...

Nicely said !!

Nidhi said...

Thank you Nitin

Nitin Agarwal said...

you reply too...wow! :P Anyway, do reply to one of my more descriptive comment on your ancient post "Desultory Mentation".... :)

Manish said...

I just happened to stumble upon your twitter a/c , which seemed interesting and made me click on your blog link. And I loved this post of yours, I could relate with it all the way... Good work, will look forward for more..

Nidhi said...

@Nitin - Missed your other comment. Will have a look!:)

@Manish - Thanks for the appreciation! :)

Unknown said...

I read your blog...U write really good..Specially this post... Hope to see some more interesting reads in future.

Vaibhav Gupta
guptavaibhav.wordpress.com
gupvaibhav@gmail.com

Nidhi said...

Thank you for the appreciation Vaibhav!

Kshitiz Anand said...

So true! Stumbled upon ur blog, and liked this post!

jun6lee said...

The sentiment here I felt is very much a rinse-repeat scenario. We've all been there & we'll all be there again. A reminder to tell us what to do when we do is always handy, particularly because during those times, we tend to be stubborn little brats that just won't listen.

A slightly over-used set of lines from Batman Begins, summises the sentiment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY3-34EOtGg

Nidhi said...

@Jun6lee - Yeah well. Rinse repeat it is. During these times, we do listen, but don't process. The movie clip is pretty apt!
Thanks for dropping by.

Nidhi said...

@Kshitiz - Sorry for missing out on your comment. Thank you for the appreciation