Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Ruckus

I just cannot understand why the heck was that song ever composed! Every time I hear the song or watch it on television it makes me wanna get up and throw the TV out of the balcony, seriously! Or to quote F.R.I.E.N.D.S., it makes me want to put my fingers through my eyes into my brain and swirl it around! I am talking about this new smash hit by Himesh Reshamiya called Jhalak Dikhla Ja, and featuring Emran Hashmi – the icing on the cake! Himesh Reshamiya and Emran Hashmi certainly look like they were meant to be together, but some place else…ummm, like… the jungles of South Africa… or maybe the Sahara desert… just somewhere away from humankind. Himesh Reshamiya with his nosy voice, unkempt beard and his stupid cap is so damn annoying, plus the snobbish yet attempting to appear down-to-earthish attitude. How could he just become a music director? I don’t even find him fit to be a playback singer. And then there’s mister serial kisser of the Indian film industry – Mr. Emran Hashmi with his bent neck and retarded stare who apparently thinks of himself as a hunk. I really cant even put it into words how… ugh… disgusting I find him. Why does he keep getting roles? Maybe its not just these two people, the complete song is appalling somehow. What furthermore irritates me is that the moronic song is topping charts in countdown shows on so many channels and also is the current rage for dancers everywhere – shaadis, discotheques and even holi functions!!! Kids, college goers – everyone seems to love that song, then why do I hate it that much? I live at a place where there are quite a few marriage halls nearby, and the people in the apartment in front of ours are way too social. The people have a get together every week for no reason at all. Well I wouldn’t have any problem with that had they kept their excitement a bit low and not installed that huge sound and speaker system each time they decide to party, and play that lovely song with drunk and pot bellied grown up men, their wives, the children, the youngsters everyone dancing around and screaming and shouting. I wonder how they get away with it and how come no one complains about the volume. I have to turn the volume of my computer way too high to be able to listen to it after closing the main door of the house, the dining room and then the door to my bedroom. Oh god, now look I have totally drifted from the topic.Bottom-line is I loathe and I abhor the song!!!!! It is so repugnant!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargghhh!!!!!! And I just want all the copies of the cassettes, cds, and whatever devices have that song stored and of course Himesh Reshamiya and Emran Hashmi to be thrown into the grand canyon or maybe the pacific ocean. Can anyone help me?
Regards,
Devil's own

15 comments:

Rohit Mahajan said...

Seriously, the whole Emraan + Himesh Combo sucks, not that they are good when alone ;)

Add do it, the associated histories of both, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa's sad sad plight with himesh and bhatt's only-kiss emraan, one feels all the more irritated!

U know nidhi, recently in an interview Himesh Reshammiya said "Its enough, stop calling me nasal". I wonder what should we call him then, vineet (from Sa re ga ma) 's girl/boy friend :D

Rohit

Panda said...

i completely agree with you... he murders music.

Sankalp said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sankalp said...

"Mr. Emran Hashmi with his bent neck and retarded stare who apparently thinks of himself as a hunk"

So true.

Their songs are crime against humanity. More dangerous than any WMD.

Aparna Mudi said...

ahem
well
have u ever tried hearing it 10 times in 2 hours...unfortunately my lovely classmates have done that torture to me ....maybe hitler might like to hear this song to ry on his human testers in his camps....and guess what all radio stations in delhi have decided to do just that too....with every station as a seperate nazi camp.....lol

Anonymous said...

Last week, I was travelling from Bhopal to Indore in a cab, and the fellow had only two audio cassettes with him:

Aksar
Aap ka Suroor

Nidhi said...

Hi All! wow, i am glad so many people are with me! awesome!

hey rohit!
haha, yeah and they kinda even look like each other! I know! and in the saregamapa episode even that vineet guy who was reshamiya's protege got inspired and took to wearing an even more annoying cap!! whats with caps and this guy?!!

hiya sups!
i think music commits suicide whenever it sees reshamiya ;)

hey anurag!
uh-oh! i hope your friend gets well soon :). you find it amusing? as in your friend liking it or the song?

hey sankalp!
WMDs ust go ahead and take your life away, this is third degree torture! kinda like liquid oxygen, haha ;)

hi shadows!
man! i hate to even think what your mind must go through!! no seriously! what do people like about this song?!?! hitler.. hmmm... i think.. on the brighter side... hitler would have committed suicide had he been made to listen to the song! haha. i know! radio stations here too are crazy bout the song!

hey arjun!
Gawd!! Bless your poor soul, i can understand what you must have gone through.. aapka suroor.. yeah saw that video.. whats that idiot doing there with the girl.. and he dint even bother to take off his silly cap. that song is equally toruturous, and that too is doing pretty good on the charts! you know, this guy makes me understand depths of statements like you're only alive because it is illegal to kill! :)


Thank you all for yr comments! We all stand united against reshamiya! :D
So long! keep posted!

Regards,
Devil's own

The Young Saint said...

you can join my community on orkut... I hate himesh reshammiya....... Abhinav Sinha

Hitchcock said...

ill have to listen to it.. since its rated so "highly" :)
reminds me of "moose's" ( thats how i got to this blog by the way) joke.. if emraan is a serial kisser.. who is a parallel kisser...??? :D
would hate to be ard u when u crib :)

aknowkneemoose said...

Well, I dunno where I heard that joke Gnu's talkin about. On TV, perhaps. As for the song, well, different strokes for different folks :p

That doesn't mean Moose likes the song. All he's sayin is, there's WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much of Black Hat thinking going on here ;)

Unknown said...

Hey! Throw those lousy CD's, cassettes and albums into the Indian ocean, but don't polute my side of the planet with them!

Nidhi said...

howdy people!

Hey saint
hmmm... will have a look at it :)
see ya

hey anurag
nah! noone will kill ya, they'll just be amused like u are ;) haha
and besides your opinion is yours to express and this is a democracy :)
ciao

well hello Mr. Hitchcock!
do you by any chance happen to be related to Alfred?
hmmm.. sure go ahead and listen to it, good luck! :) actually you know, its not as annoying the first time. but when you have to listen to this song all around you and catch those two morons on television everywhere, it's definitely hopelessly irritating. wont wanna be around when i crib? hmm.. smart thinking! haha. aloha!

hiya moose!
you're reading way too much of 'six' books... thinking hats, sigma. heheheh. and devil's own has no probs if moose does like the song :)
see ya

hey sen
wouldnt say 99%, but yeah most of it is crap. :)

hiya sonny!
oh! alright! i'll look for another location. i chose pacific, coz its the deepest, well either way :)
see ya

aknowkneemoose said...

I didn't say I liked the song!

And it ain't "too much", it's just two concepts, and I haven't been able to read the Sigma book for quite some time, in fact. The Six Thinking Hats session was really good, though :)

Anonymous said...

i think Himesh reshmiyyan rocks he has good music.he has given a good and new look llife to the music. and i would like him to make more and more new good music like he has being doing in the past. and i m sure one day he will be the worlld toppest singer.

RAINMAKER said...

I dunno...sometimes this just reminds me of the character of ellsworth toohey and the role he plays in the book. May be the book is not all fiction. Some thing like that does happen in real. On her page i won't say which book...i thiunk the readers here are wise...