Thursday, August 17, 2006

Hoping for hope to die...

Sometimes hope can be a barrier in your life. If hope weren't there you would realize what is actually happening and stand up and take certain decisions. Hope makes you cling to things, which in its absense do/will not make any sense. Hope makes things unclear. It makes you overlook the past and the present and only focus on a miraculous future. Wheareas, rationally thinking, there's no reason or chance that things will happen the way you want. Losing hope hurts... hurts bad... but in one go.. it doesnt make u miserable every now and then..
Once you recover, you become a stronger person..
As Nietszche said "What does not kill me makes me stronger"
When things are going down the drain, hope appears out of thin air for no reason at all and makes you lose perspective. We are only humans, we are weak, we are feeble.. and maybe God gives us hope to put some strength in us to move on.. but it makes you hang on to non-existent things.. which will not help you in the long run.
I guess hope's not all that good.

Give me strength god.. help me

Listen to the song i've been listening to all day today


Where were you when I was burned and broken
While the days slipped by from my window watching
Where were you when I was hurt and I was helpless
Because the things you say and the things you do surround me
While you were hanging yourself on someone elses words
Dying to believe in what you heard
I was staring straight into the shining sun

Lost in thought and lost in time
While the seeds of live and the seeds of change were planted

Outside the rain fell dark and slow
While I pondered on this dangerous but
I took a heavenly ride through one silence
I knew the moment had arrived
For killing the past and coming back to life

I took a heavenly ride trough our silence
I knew the waiting had begin
And headed straight... into the shining sun



Regards,

Devil's own

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

When things are going down the drain, hope appears out of thin air for no reason at all and makes you lose perspective. We are only humans, we are weak, we are feeble.. and maybe God gives us hope to put some strength in us to move on.. but it makes you hang on to non-existent things.. which will not help you in the long run

Isn't dreaming better than going down the drain? I'm sure you would've realized by now that miracles do happen ... things do change .... only that you remain blissfully unaware of surroundings at such critical junctures.It's ironic really ....

The Song you're listening to is a great song, and I'm one of the biggest fans of the band, but it's not quite in the same perspective. Maybe you should listen to "A beautiful day ..... U2"

Nidhi said...

Hi coolant!
I guess it is... but i can't dream all my life.. that way i wont be getting anywhere. i need to stand up and understand that things arent working out this way and find something better.
Miracles do happen.. but they are miracles! you can't rely on them right?
maybe this is really not the way i think.. just feeling kinda lost.
Thanks.. okay.. as u say. will go and listen to beautiful day
:)

Regards,

Devil's own

Anonymous said...

hey!
I can imagine how it feels :)

It's only a passing phase. Yes! Remember : nothing in life is permanent. Neither the good things nor bad.

You'll get over the feeling.
keep posting!

The optimist from utopia said...

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.
Dale Carnegie.

Look at hope as a synonym to perseverance and not optimism. That way, you sure can have a lot more things to look forward to.

RAINMAKER said...

hmm....watch out babe...you are headed towards where i was.

I have posted complete posts in one post for easy access. read and u will know.

I think sometimes that Hoping against hope...is actually....

Hoping...against...hope...

hoping that the hope isn't there...now thats cirsular isn't it?

read the post forgive me father for i have sinned.

And stay away from lechers coz now is the time when a shoulder looks soooo tempting that the long term thinking goes out of the window. Just when u have hit rock bottom, sit and think that what more can you lose and then start working upwards...that is something i have learnt.

just wake up ur ego...and take a panga with god...just keep asking ur self...How can something so shitty happen to me...and for how long will it keep on happening let's see.

and in the end ghalib(i was impressed...nietzche eh???)

zindagi apni jab iis shakl sey guzri ghalib
hum bhi kya yaad karengey ki khuda rakhtey thhe

Life went thru such a phase that in years to come even i will wonder that if god used to care for me..actually there is a pun in "khudaa rakhtey thhe"
1)one is I used to beleive in GOD(khuda mey vishvaas rakhtey thhe)
2)God used to keep me or oversee me(khudaa humey rakhtey thhe)

-----------------------------
Ranj se khuugar ho insaan toh mit jaata hai ranj....
mushkilen mujh par padi iitni ki aasaan ho gayiii...

means that when a man is faced with difficulties, difficulties vanish in his precence....because i have faced so many difficulties that now the difficult seems easy

RAINMAKER said...

you missed out on my fav line...even on my profile....

"while i pondered on this dangerous but irresistible pastime"

Ankush said...

Every day a deer wakes; grazes in the open fields, all knowing that its' day might end when the Lion feels hungry....a common cliche..but an apposite one to delineate the importance of hope.
"Destiny may fulfil your worst fears"...
Hope keeps the cande alight.
So..Never Loose HOPE

The Doors Of Perception said...

losing all hope is freedom.

Anonymous said...

It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality.

Is it a good thing?

Anonymous said...

hi devil's own.......just tel me 1 thing how do u write these things?ur write-ups r simply great.sometimes me too hope 4 the same thing.i was just going thru ur write-ups aur aisa laga dat some philospher is there around me.
I just wanna talk to u n wanna tel u somthing bcoz i dont hav writing skills like u.only u can help me.....u can b my voice.may i hav ur no.if u dont mind.plz help me.....its a genuine request of a gal....plzzzzzzzzz

Prerona said...

i always thought of this as a maxing out of your brain's capacity to feel pain, but yes, the hope and expectation angle is also so enlightening a way to look at it.
Made me feel better to read this, so thanks :)