Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Chew over these

Of late I have been collecting quotes and noting them down in my diary, and I have a pretty fine collection now. I have taken the quotes from newspapers, magazines, comic strips, books, posters, and even some from fictional novels. When I come across a statement which makes so much sense to me, I jot is down. I am very impressed by the huge meaning and implications that the small lines can hold. A lot of times, a single line – a small set of words triggers a whole new thought process, and at other times they are things I already know and believe in and stand by, but I love the manner in which they have been expressed. Here I have posted some of those that I liked most.

“There’s no problem so big that it can’t be run away from”

“The best way to avoid responsibility is to say, “I’ve got responsibilities”

“Sometimes when almost everything is going wrong, one thing is so right; you would do it all over again”

“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear”

“Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen”

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort”

“A million women rose to their feet with the cry ‘we will not be dictated to’ and promptly became stenographers”

“There’s no one way to dance. And that is kind of my philosophy about everything”

“If you reveal your secrets to the wind; you should not blame the wind for revealing it to the trees”

“Parents wonder why the streams are bitter when they themselves have poisoned the fountain”

“Experience: That most brutal of all teachers. But you learn, my God you do learn”

“We are loved for not we are, but what we are fancied to be”

“It’s all right letting yourself go, as long as you can get yourself back”

“Life has a way of reinforcing all your worst assessments of yourself”


Here’s a paragraph from a book I recently read. I firmly agree with this:
“You can understand and relate to most people better if you look at them – no matter how impressive they may be – as if they are children. For most of us never really grow up or mature all that much – we simply grow taller. Oh, to be sure we laugh less and play less and wear uncomfortable disguises like adults; but beneath the costume is the child we always are, whose needs are simple, whose daily life is still best described by fairy tales”

Ponder over these. They make a lot of sense.

Regards,

Devil’s own

6 comments:

The Young Saint said...

Nice Thoughts.
Thanks, You've provided me an inspiration to write quote good quotes of amous writers. Thanks again. I might write a post very soon in regard to this.

Unknown said...

My favorite quotes generally come from Benjamin Franklin: like this one; "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" I also like the one from Abe Lincoln: "It is better to remain silent and thought a fool then to speak up and remove all doubt." "May the Force be with you."

Syed Siddique Sharaf said...

nice quotes, try reading murphy's laws - they are humorous

Unknown!!! said...

nice quotes....next time i need of some.. i can resort to ur blog..keep blogging...

Rohit Mahajan said...

The one you wrote in the end, the one about looking at people as if they were children, makes a lot of sense to me. But, the thing that is wrong here is that not many people agree to this philosophy. :)

Nice quotes, btw!!!

Weltanschauungs said...

The last quote you wrote is really true. I was watching a movie today and was just wondering where we lose the innocence we possesed as kids.