Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Betrayal

How're you supposed to behave or react or whatever when people who you call friends do lowly things like stealing your stuff, and also, think they've got away with it; and that I am a fool who'll not even notice and keep trusting the person blindly?! Some of it may even be true. I am actually going to let the person get away with it. I don't know what else I can do. I am not going to shrink to the person's level and put up a fight. And it is not about the stuff that the person took without my permission (basically, steal!), it is about the person who did it! And it is about what the person meant to me. I am in an awkward position now. The person should be feeling ashamed and guilty, but I don't notice any such signs looking at the person. Instead, I am feeling ashamed! How can the person act as if nothing happened, face me, and see me in the eye! But well I am gonna try to act as if nothing happened too. It is really not about what the thing stolen cost me. I don't care what the thing is, or what the price of the thing that the friend (do I call the person that?) stole is. It is about betrayal. Had the person told me that the person liked that thing, or asked for it I would have just given it to the person. This 'person' thing is getting to my nerves, I’d rather use he/she, but I don't intend to give anyone, or the person any idea of who I am talking about, and what am I referring to. I'd rather not create havoc out of this, nor do I want to make anybody think low of the person, coz the person still remains a friend, and I may as well write this off as a small mistake that happened.
But I am bugged and I am annoyed big time!
This is not done!
This is treason!
I feel besieged!
This is breach of the unwritten and unsaid contract that is there between people who know each other as friends!
I hate, loathe and am disgusted by such things!
"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you".... But for god's sake don't steal!!!
Please... if you are my friend, be one.

5 comments:

aknowkneemoose said...

"Et tu, Brutus" is what comes to mind.

Jay said...

It hurts, when someone close does this!

Seems like deja vu! :-|

Shishir said...

Should you not at least let the person know...in a suttle n indirect manner that its simply not done?

Don't condone the action by jus letting it be. It's like an unsaid-right you are handing out to the person for doing such stuff.

I dunno. See what's best...for tomorrow too...

Nidhi said...

hey all
hmm moose.. what can i say..

ofcourse it hurts jay, and it leaves you feeling helpless
and in the middle of nowhere!

No shishir, i don't think that'll be of any use.. i'd be very embarassed, and the person as it is won;t agree to it... which will make me feel even more embarassed.

no taggy! the thing was not really expensive, and i'm saying this after a lot of thought.. but isn't it obvious that i be frustrated when someone as close did that? and when did i mention that it was a she?? i din't say that,and i prefer that you don't make any assumptions. and i cant be sure anymore that this wont be repeated.
sorry tag, please don't be offended, but i am really ticked off by what happened

Keep posted

Regards

Unknown said...

The only thing of yours I would want to steal is your heart!