Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The Brobdingnagian Prescription...

I dreamt yesterday that I had developed leukemia. This was not one of my pleasant dreams but, I am a total dreamer. My dreams seem very real, and at times I forget whether something that happened in a dream, or was it real. A lot of times things happen and I wonder hey how come this is happening this had (or had not) happened already. Then I realise, that it was just dream. The same way, when things are going exceptionally right, (or otherwise) i ask myself - is this for real?

So let me get back to what i was telling you. I dreamt that i had leukemia. People around me were upset, consoling me, and crying. And i sat in my bedroom chair without an opinion or expression. I was fed up with people coming up to me and being sweet to me because i was going to die. Whenever someone did that, all i could think of was how the person had been rude, insulting, knave or bitchy before, and that how he or she has very casually put on the goody goody mask.

(All I was worried about was my hair.... not death!)

The dream wasn't really dramatical, nor did it have a happy or sad ending, actually, it didn't have an ending at all... it was like a pretty normal day in my life.

This is where the dream ended

I woke up actually believing that I had leukemia. Not in a way that it had suddenly been discovered, or had just come to my knowledge, but like i had been living it. What i saw in my dream was what must have happened the day or a few days before. I was feeling sick. I could actually feel the cancerous cells conquering my body through my blood. I got up and stood in front of the mirror. I looked pretty normal, but i saw myself as a cancer patient. And i percieved dark circles, falling hair and the likes. I was brushing my teeth and I thought.... Hey! i am feeling better today! Better than what? and then i thought... Wait!!! it was a dream!

Think of what psychology can do to us! What we think, that we become.

But the dream did have roots in my actual life.

I have not been in the pink of my health. I get tired, i have backaches, i dont eat, and have stamina in the negative. I know all this is because of my ignorance in the matters of eating and sleep. I sleep 4 hours a day on an average, i have just one meal a day. I hate milk. there's something about the way it smells.... many people tell me... why do you have to smell it before you drink it. But hey come on... i dont poke my nose into it, if i drink it, the smell, enters my nose, and as soon as the feel of the taste touches my tongue, i get repelled.This is making my health worse.I knew I was short of Calcium, vitamins and iron, and my sister had told me to get my blood checked for levels of haemoglobin.So this is where blood comes into picture.In my dream I developed blood cancer.

So in the evening I went to the doctor. He gave me a prescription which looked like weird things scribbled on a small piece of paper, but turned out to me massive! He gave me a big bottle of a tonic which is supposed to make me hungry. The sight of it makes me want to barf!There are two tablets atleast 15mm in length, and 10mm in width, which are supposed to be taken with a big glass of milk. These are calcium and vitamin supplements. All this because of a silly dream i had!!!!!!!

Well, atleast I know that what I have is weakness and not anything more than that!

I hope I get well soon!

Dreams....dreams.....dreams!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too hope you get well soon! Get well asap, in fact. Why don't you think a happy thought before you go to sleep? It might help keep you from getting bad dreams.

'Brobdingnagian'? Wow, what a vocabulary you've got! I bet 99.99 percent of people don't know that word! Well... I can say that with certainity because 99.99% of people haven't read "Gulliver's Travels"

Nidhi said...

Hey moose...
Thanks for yr response.
:)... atleast you know what brobdingnagian means!
Keep posted!

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Actually, I didn't know what the word meant. But I did have WordWeb and Wikipedia to help me!

99.99% of the time, I'm one among the 99.99% of people who don't know what words such as 'brobdingnagian' mean... my vocabulary was limited to 'mammoth' and 'humongous'... Not anymore! :D