Thursday, July 14, 2005

Cliche Juice






















Cliche Juice

Home is where the heart is and my heart is out travelling.
Up into the wild blue yonder, wingless, prayerful
that this miracle of flight will not end just yet.
Also at home, with you,on the ground
wherever you might he at the moment,grounded like a high schooler,
like a wire,a bird and a wire,feet on the ground
and my heart in my throat now,now in my feet,
lawfully descending with gravity to the lower, lowest,
most sought after most beautifully bound,home.
Aspirations involve reparations.
We reach for the stars wondering what we are.
But my Reason has been found by finding you and looking down
And it is there,not in the stars of fantasized worlds,
fifth dimensions, sixth senses,holy parallel potentates of potentialities-
that my feet will trace their slow as history itself dance:
a walking calligraphy so subtle that it will take 40 years and more
and a view from above with an impersonal remove and lofty attachment
I hope to barely fail at that mythical two- backed beast;
itinerant stasis; like the one I enjoy up here in the well attended air,
to read the cursive strokes of my aggregate footsteps,
like some fairy tale dissolve,'Once upon a time" or twice written
on our little page of earth, ground,
wherever our home may be will be
wherever we happen to be.

This is a poem I absolutely love. and also it has been written by my favourite actor!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! great! keep 'em coming david! X files isnt the same without agent fox mulder!