Thursday, January 19, 2006

Doofus!

Today, my friend and I were sitting in my room eating burgers and talking. She had a class at six, and it was half an hour to go when we began talking. We lost track of time, and then she had to miss her class. So we talked some more, and then decided to go out for some coke. We drove around a bit, while thinking of a place to go to. We agreed on one and went there. We were pretty filled after eating the burgers and ordered just coke. As usual I picked up the menu and started browsing through it. I do that a lot, whether I wanna eat or not, I have a habit of reading the menus when they are in front of me, and almost all the time I come across weird names of dishes, and really funny spelling mistakes. That is why I go through the menus. This time I came across things like “ Janta Zing Sandwich, Bread Kachha (Yes, this was the spelling!! Haha… rotfl), Butter Slice Totast Sandwich, scezan noodles and stuff,…and a whole bunch of other spelling mistakes.

The place was really weird. It had iron chairs, that were painted mauve, and had red cushions on them, and there was plastic cover on the cushions too, as if infants come in to eat there! In front of the entrance was a wall where there were bathroom tiles of all colours and designs, which obviously looked like a display that I would have rather seen in a hardware or lifestyle store. There was an apology of a painting on a wall… I’d rather not put it into the category of art, it was pitiful. But the place wasn’t dirty or small or anything, and this ‘décor’ had definitely not arisen out of lack of cash.

Fine, so we finished our cokes and went over to pay the bill. I asked how much... 24 rupees. I said okay, but the bottle says the price is 8 bucks. So how come 24 for two cokes? A guy went over to the table where we were sitting, picked up a bottle, and said hmm. Then again came over to us and stood silent. I said “so… how much?” 24 rupees. I stared at him and very respectfully asked why? The idiot sitting behind the counter said “hamaare yahan bottle vottle ka rate nahi chalta, menu mein barah rupeh likha hai”, Kyu menu central government ne chhaap ke diya hai kya? And he said “Is jagah ka kiraya pacchhees hazaar rupaye hai, bees hazaar (god knows what he said) mein lag jaate hai” Big Deal!!! Why was the moron telling me all that? Isn’t it obvious that there would be expenses if you’re running any kind of business? The idiot was actually shouting, and all the people sitting there were staring at him, and I was totally confused and all I could say was “What?!” The guy was rude like hell, and was talking as if he had done us a favor by letting us sit there and have coke. So much for customer care! Well, I couldn’t stand the sight of him anymore, nor did I want to create a scene with that miser. So we paid our share of his shop rent (!) and left the insane place, and swore to never ever go back there.
Regards,
Devil's own

6 comments:

Panda said...

i still don't knw i shud laugh at this or not... but come to think of it if we start writing our experiences we'd be able to make quite an interesting book!!!
nice post!

Unknown said...

When someone in a restaurant is rude to me, I call the manager and tell them I "refuse" to pay without an apology first!

Sonny Shine is back online!

Anonymous said...

You can always complain but thats the case with most restuarents.

I guess you could have seen the price of a coke instead of those countless spelling mistakes

he he :P may be coke was cokata :D thats y u missed out :p

Nidhi said...

hey sups!
yeah i know ;), plus we can earn lots too. haha.

hey sonny
the irony is, that the moron who was arguing and creating a scene WAS the manager! haha.

Hiya tag!
well if that is, i'd rather not go into most restaurants. see the price of coke? dude... i live on coke! i obviously knw the price of coke.. all sizes! haha
Hasta la vista!
regards
Devil's own

aknowkneemoose said...

In a similar incident, while celebrating the birthday of a colleague at work, we asked for empty paper cups of a soft drink (we bought quite a few bottles of the soft drink as well). The supplier said that whether we wanted the cups empty or full would make no difffernce to him, and he'd supply empty cups to us at the same price as a cup full of soft drink! (But then we spoke to him and he did relent later on)

(Once again, such simple captchas!)

Nidhi said...

Hey moose
Whoa! what?!?! empty cups at the the price of softdrinks?? Man! what were the cups made of? haha
Such psychos amaze me!
Keep posted!
Aloha!