Thursday, January 19, 2006

D-I-S-C-O?!?!

I was sitting in front of my pc as usual, and playing sudoku while listening to songs playing on winamp. I was completely engrossed in the puzzle and was barely aware of the music playing in the background, despite the volume being more than audible even outside the main door of my place.
As I finished the 7th sudoku puzzle in succession, my attention drifted to the music playing. I have a large collection of different songs from various genres in my computer, and there are a lot of songs I don’t ever listen to, and even loads of those which I have never heard even once. Furthermore, a lot of times, I am not even aware of their existence in my machine.
Okay, so we come back to what I was saying. So the song that started playing was called ‘Disco’ by a band called N-trance. This was not one of those I hadn’t heard before, but for the first time I actually paid attention to what the dude was saying. Before this, whenever I had heard the song, never paid attention, as it sounded like another of those fast numbers you can find use for when on the dance floor. And of course, after I actually heard it, I wished I hadn’t. Ha ha.
So here are the lyrics…

“D-I-S-C-O… D-I-S-C-O… D-I-S-C-O… D-I-S-C-O…
[A whole load of full speed crappy blah blah, which I guess isn’t even intended to get through to the people goes here, which is rephrased or maybe not - a lot of times and inserted after the chorus everywhere.]
She’s D, desirable
She’s I, irresistible
She’s S, super-sexy
She’s C, such a cutie
She’s Oooooooooooooooo [probably stretched this long for the lyricist being at a loss of a proper and rhyming adjective beginning with ‘O’ that can fit in here]
She is Disco… She’s Disco… She is Disco” (And this continues, and fades away with the end of the song)

So…
The girl, according to the word web is “A public dance hall for dancing to recorded popular music”. Haha. Is this supposed to make sense? Couldn’t they put in better words in here? She’s disco??? This is really absurd!!

I somehow get myself to stop analyzing the lyrics and searching for a sensible meaning for the song, and decide to do that later. I think of deleting the song from the hdd, but then decide otherwise and let it be. But what I do is switch to familiar and understandable music for the moment, and jump to ‘Gin Soaked Boy’ by ‘The Divine Comedy’.

Regards,
Devil's own

6 comments:

rebel_on_loose said...

Haha....talk abt crappy lyrics!
Bollywood beats all the rest hands down...how abt "Do me a favour let's play Holi" or "Kaal kaal mein hum-tum karein Dhamaal"
Lol.Maybe i'll do a whole post on this sumtime!
:)

Nidhi said...

haha! yeah, i know... i can compile a mile long list of crappy lyric songs! i know. and what about "teri kurti sexy lagdi hai", and "zinda hu main" whatever thats supposed to imply, and "aaja ve maahi lets do balle balle". there are LOADS!
and i completely agree, no one can come close to bollywood here, bollywood loves crap!
haha
ciao
Regards

rebel_on_loose said...

Lolz..."Zinda hu main"(Oops and v thought u were a fine example of the walking dead!)
"teri kurti sexy lagdi hai"....lol...umm Kurti too!
Ur rite...no dearth of madness here! :D
TC!

aknowkneemoose said...

The most weird lyrics I've heard so far in a Hindi song are actually in English. I have no idea what the lyricist intended to inform the audience when he/she wrote, "Once you fall in love in life, once you fall in love..." Rofl. I don't remember the Hindi part of the lyrics... but I think the song is from a movie with Bobby Deol and Rani Mukherjee.

HEY! How come the captchas on YOUR blog are so simple? ;)

(well, despite the wink, they ARE!)

Nidhi said...

Hiya rebel!
howdy! yeah. haha rotfl... living dead! you're good! ;) seriously i didnt doubt the girl's being alive until she went out of her way to specify that!
Madness is too small a word for these mindless lyrics, dnt you think?
adios!

hey moose!
man i'll die here laughing! yeah heard that song once somewhere - once you fall in love!! okay once you fall in love then what? ;) haha
You know this reminds me of an incident that happened some time back in college, i'll write a little post about that.

Till then!

Regards
Devil's own

aknowkneemoose said...

No comments about the simple captchas? ;)

This time's captcha is KCBFCCJ. I'm writing it here for a purpose :D Tell you more about that later.