Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Oops!

I was coming back home with my friend from somewhere. We were discussing something and we began arguing, we were annoyed, and she was really bugged and frustrated because of something. We were totally engrossed with our discussion and didn’t realize we were on the road. Actually the volume was pretty fine for the road as long as we were driving. Had we been speaking in a lower volume we wouldn’t have been able to hear our own voices coz of the roar of vehicles, the horns, the air rushing past, and of course… as it was the day before 26th January – the republic day, there were patriotic songs blaring out of the loudspeakers and horn shaped things everywhere which was pretty irritating. I hate it even when people play bhajans and prayers at loud volumes for everyone in a 3 mile radius to hear. I can’t stand that! Fine, you have faith, you are singing praise of your gods, and you are praying, but why can’t you keep it personal??? Why disturb everyone else? Not that I have anything against prayers and bhajans, just that I can’t understand all the shouting and screaming and it doesn’t even sound like music anymore. Besides, I don’t understand what people are trying to achieve by sitting in front of god’s picture and shout and blare for hours. I don’t think anyone can find peace in that. I am a believer in god too, but it is a personal matter to me. Now look how I have completely drifted away from the topic I was talking about!
Yeah, so we were lost in our conversation and we arrived at a traffic signal, still talking. She was telling me how bugged and how bad she was feeling, and I said “Why?” She said “Because...”, and she paused and turned to look at me. I was confused for a nanosecond, and then realized everyone around had turned their heads towards us and were staring at us as if waiting to hear further. Like everyone is looking at us and saying “Yeah, tell us why? We are also interested!”. We were totally embarrassed, and had stopped talking and staring at the people around. There was an elderly couple on our left, where the lady was staring at us while holding her saree so that it didn’t slip off her head, a college going dude to our right who had lifted his helmet’s flap (whatever it is called) and looking at us with curious eyes, a kid to sitting behind his dad and staring at us was in front of us to the right, two petrol pump attendants beside him, two girls beside the petrol pump attendants. I didn’t have the heart to turn around and look at more faces staring at us. I wanted to disappear. I just dug my head in my friend’s shoulder… haha… she didn’t even have that advantage. She was driving she couldn’t even cover her face with her hands. The 70 or so seconds that we had to wait at the signal seemed like an eternity, and we couldn’t wait to run away from there. We were thankful to god when we got to escape from that place, and five minutes later were laughing so bad our faces hurt, and we had tears in our eyes from the laughing. And I thought this just happened in movies!
Things that happen to me!

Regards,

Devil's own

3 comments:

Panda said...

hehe... u knw i am still embarassed the way those people were staring at us as if thr was some tv serial going on!!!

rebel_on_loose said...

Haha...so wht the REASON they were
staring at u ???

aknowkneemoose said...

It's called a 'visor' :D