Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Once upon a time...

No no dont be scared, I won't start narrating a fairytale here. A comment I got on a post of mine titled "D-I-S-C-O" reminded me of this incident and i thought i'll write about it here.
When I was in the first year of college we had this teacher who had a really bad language... i mean she could hardly speak one sentence in proper english
Once, our whole class had been given a case study to work on, and while discussing it everyone was in a rush to talk about his or her own analysis and conclusions. so it had really become quite noisy and everyone was speaking all at once.
Suddenly our teacher shouts at the top her voice. She says "ONCE UPON A TIME!!!". All of us turned and looked at her... we were really puzzled. Pin-drop silence in the class. Excuse me? what's with this story telling? We are in the middle of a case study! Once upon a time what? Everyone is staring at her blankly waiting for her to continue, and she's staring back with anger in her eyes. What's going on? why doesn't she continue? once upon a time what?!
Then she stares at us for about 5 seconds and begins with the case study again. Hello? what happened once upon a time?
After a lot of thinking we realised that she actually meant "One at a time"!!! hahaha
I sometimes wonder do I laugh or do I bang my head against the wall when things like these happen.

Regards

Devil's own

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey !even we have one of such teachers :P

We all had gone to the lab late and seeing us he got angry ! he shouted to us " if all of u come legibly . How will we finish the experiment " :O it took some time to realise it was leisurely ! :P
andmany more happened :)

Nidhi said...

haha! legibly?
I think they should work on the specifications and criteria that they use for employing people to teach.
haha

Devil